Thursday, December 8, 2011

St. Nicholas Day, December 6th!

Mommy and Daddy taught me all about St. Nicholas Day! St. Nicholas is known as the protector or guardian of children. The tradition goes... you put your shoes outside your bedroom door on the eve of St. Nicholas Day (December 5th) with your Christmas list placed inside hoping Saint Nick will come and take your list to Santa Claus. Good children receive candies, cookies, apples, nuts, or small toys. Naughty children receive a lump of coal.Well, I did it and I received a books!

Look, Mom and Dad! St. Nick came!!
What's this? The Story of Christmas? It teaches me the real meaning of Christmas, the birth of Baby Jesus. Mommy says we give each other just a few gifts to show our love for one another.
 'Twas the Night Before Christmas... Wow! I can't wait to go to bed tonight, so we can read my new stories! 
 Read it or Eat it? 

Since we are German, Mommy and Daddy are also going to start the tradition of the Christmas Pickle. It is an old German tradition to hang a pickle last, hidden among the branches in our tree. The first child on Christmas Day to find the Christmas pickle receives a special blessing for the year and an extra gift! I don't like how prickly the Christmas tree is, but I'm willing to dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment